Sunday, April 25, 2010


Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.. In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful


Assalamualaikum dear brothers and sister.. Peace be upon you..
 

habuk
 
     Pheww. It's been awhile since I logged in my blog account. And it's been quite some time I didn't update a new entry either. Being busy or to be precise, being burdened by this ad-dunnia (world) loads kept me holding from continuing my da'wah (invitation to peace). Masha Allah. But still, Alhamdulillah, by Allah's will, I managed to complete the task given by the University; 2 projects for my 1st year in ECompE course. What a great relief Masha Allah! Done with the presentation, done with the Q&A Session and one of the project has been submitted. Alhamdulillah! I'm soooooo grateful to Allah that He, The Almighty grant me (weak, skinny, limited knowledge slave) power and knowledge to complete both of the projects! :D


     Below are the two subjects that require project building skills (summarized):



1. H61LSA (Laboratory Skills)
-Filter Rectifier
-A whole-year project


2. H61RTS (Real-time System)
-Calculator
-A whole-semester project


     In this entry, I'm only highlighting the second project since people know WAY better about calculator rather than filter rectifier. Lol.


     The calculator project consists of two parts: Hardware & software. Assembling the components on the circuit board, drilling, soldering, troubleshooting & minimising space usage are all the works needed for the hardware job. On the other hand, software section mainly consists of coding, debugging and programming. For those who know not of these weird terms, I suggest you Google it, or Wiki the terms since most of the terms are quite complicated to explain.


     Well, the project SHOULD be done by a group of three, but somehow, a guy just being MIA (missing-in-action) since the first day of the second semester, left us doing this project by the strength of a man and a woman plus ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the hardware section (assembling & soldering)! Masha Allah! As mentioned, ZERO KNOWLEDGE; I know nothing about building or assembling this calculator project except for programming section, and the same thing goes to my group partner too. But Alhamdulillah, Allah The Most Merciful did helped us and eventually we did managed to complete it!

LCD
     On the first week, we were told by the lecturer to assemble the circuit for LCD-purpose only without the keypad components (means that a circuit which capatible only for displaying, not for any math operation) and soldered it together. And as expected, me and my group partner couldn't do it since we did not have any basic knowledge about assembling the components on the circuit board. So, I was kinda impassed. And then, I remembered a verse from the Holy Quran which recite:

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive.

Dan mintalah pertolongan (kepada Allah) dengan jalan sabar dan mengerjakan sembahyang; dan sesungguhnya sembahyang itu amatlah berat kecuali kepada orang-orang yang khusyuk;

[Al-Baqarah (2): 45]

     And so, I went for Wudhu' (ablution/cleansing) and performed Salat (prayer) 2 rakaah. After that, I felt much relieved. A feeling of satisfaction shrouded my heart. Alhamdulillah...


     A couple of hours before the inspection of the circuit, I asked a friend of mine to help me in assembling and arranging the components. Alhamdulillah, Allah did helped me through my friend. She assisted me in assembling the circuit. And walla! I managed to complete a task which require a week in less than two hours! Subhanallah, Allah is The Almighty, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. Be patience, and perform Salat.


     And then, we were given a task to solder the whole component (for those who hasn't done yet). However, my soldering skills was not that good, or you can say, very weak. I asked my group partner to solder the components and she tried. But it seemed to me that her soldering skills was almost the same just like mine, or perhaps better. Still, the result was not that good. So, I asked my housemate to help me since he was very good in soldering.


     While waiting for my housemate to arrive back home, I tried to solder some of the components. And again, I seek help from Allah by performing Salat first then I soldered the components. However, I can't solder it properly since my hands were shaking terribly. I was sooo tired that I slept after that. Tomorrow morning, I woke up and looked for my circuit board. I was so shocked to find that the components were already been soldered nicely! Subhanallah! Once again, Allah helped me through a friend of mine! My housemate did the soldering when I was asleep that night. Subhanallah. Very beautiful. Even the lab technicians praised our group for soldering the components nicely. Alhamdulillah, All Praises to Allah The Almighty. Be patience, and perform Salat.

LCD + Keypad = Calculator dummy
     
     A few weeks passed, the hardware task have been done including soldering of the keypad components (I did the soldering myself with the help from Allah. Alhamdulillah :D), and then we were instructed to program a "Welcome!" message on the LCD. The coding was correct, however the message displayed on the LCD was not as expected. Sometimes, it displayed weird characters, or mispelled the message such as "Belcome!", "$||||!" etc. Most of the time, it displayed:



     It was very frustrating since we did not know what's the main problem. The coding was correct, everything regarding the software task was done by the lecturer herself but still, the LCD keep on displaying these 'blocks'. We keep on repeating the same progress for weeks until the last week of the presentation! Masha Allah. I was so frustrated that I thought of presenting our calculator without displaying any message at all. And again, I remembered the Words from Allah in Surah Al-Baqarah.


     Before the last lab session for our calculator project, I performed Salat 2 rakaah and I pray to Allah to help me and assist me in this project. And so, in the lab, we tested our calculator again hoping it would appear the "Welcome!" message since that was the last lab session for our project, and still, only these 'blocks' that appeared. My group partner broke down and cried; she couldn't withstand the hardships we've been through only for this calculator. I felt the same thing and gave up. I just sat down on a chair, playing with the calculator circuits by using a multimeter. Beep beep..


      *Multimeter is used for circuit troubleshooting. If there is any short circuit, it will produces a 'beep' sound. A short circuit somehow can result in failures of the circuit to function properly.


     While I was playing with the multimeter, I tried to troubleshoot some of the components. One by one, I checked every of the components until the multimeter suddenly beeping. "Now that's the problem!". Two wires were connected due to the soldering fault. I soldered the wire copper and sucked the excessive zinc/lead which is the main reason for the short circuit. Again, we tested the calculator again, coding, programming and releasing. And the result:



     ALHAMDULILLAH! ALL PRAISES TO ALLAH! The calculator is working!!!! I was so glad and happy that I screamed and jumped! ALHAMDULILLAH!


     However, there are still lots to be done. We need to program the mathematic operations into the calculator. Since we ran out of time (the presentation date is the day after), the coding should be done in one night. It is now or never. So, again, I asked assitance from Allah, I performed Salat 2 rakaah before coding and Alhamdulillah, what do you expect? A senior helped me out for the coding and Masha Allah! The coding worked perfectly! A task that should be done in 2 weeks was finished in just one night! Subhanallah! Allah is The Almighty, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful! Be patience, and perform Salat.


     The next day, every group needs to present their calculator project to the lecturer and answers all the questions that will be ask. Doomsday yeah. I tried to program the codes that were done by the night before and Alhamdulillah, it worked perfectly. Our presentation was quite impressive (I think so), eventhough there were some questions I couldn't answered but who cares. I have completed the project! I have created a calculator! Alhamdulillah! Allah gave me the power and wisdom to create this thing! Subhanallah! You are The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful ya Rabb!

    Be patience, and perform Salat. :D




And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.

Barangsiapa yang bertakwa kepada Allah nescaya Dia akan membukakan jalan keluar baginya,
dan Dia memberinya rezeki dari arah yang tidak disangka-sangkanya. Dan barangsiapa yang bertawakkal kepada Allah, nescaya Allah akan mencukupkan (keperluan)nya.  Sesungguhnya Allah melaksanakan urusan-Nya. Sungguh, Allah telah mengadakan ketentuan bagi setiap sesuatu.

[At-Talaq (65) : 2-3]
Addition
 Subtraction
 Multiplication
Division

Power function

Radix

Converter from USD to RM

Converter from Japanese Yen to RM

Clearing features


Posted by Posted by zabed at 12:17 AM
Categories:

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

masyallah.. tahniah zaid.. hoho, blh r dpt 1 calculator free nnt eh..

btw, the 2 rakaat salat that u did, u niat ape ek? niat solat sunat biasa je ke?

thank u

do ur best in the coming exam.. insyaallah

zabed said...

calculator free? boleh tapi kena bawak computer n kit dia sekali la. haha

Niat solat sunat sahaja. Jangan solat sunat time yang diharamkan.

Wallahu'alam :)

ciksab said...

salamun alayk.
baca post zaed kali neh remind me kat sarjana2 muslim dulu masa mereka mengkaji/menimba ilmu.
everytme mereka buntu..they will perform 2rakaat pastu sambung balik kaji ilmu tuh.
they'll keep doing the same thing til they get the answer ;)
sgt istiqamah kan.kagum.
amalan ni sgt patut kita praktikkan dlm life kita sebb ilmu tu milik yg ESA.
so kita kene rujuk kat dia la selalu.

~moga jadi amalan pada generasi kini..insyaAllah ;)
(peringatan 4 me especially)

hehe.terpanjang pulak komen kali nieh.
**jazakallah kk 4 the tazkirah.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
>